Transient Student

A transient student (or "guest student") is a student who is enrolled at one college, but taking classes at another that will count toward their degree at their home institution. Generally, this happens when students don't live near their home college over the summer but want to take a class or two to speed up the obtainment of their degree, or if for some reason they can't take a class at their home institution that they need to graduate. Follow the steps below to get started at TSC.

Download the Transient Student Instructions

Apply for Admission

First-time, out-of-state students should complete the online admission application.

In-state students should apply through the Florida Department of Education portal at

Submit a Transient Letter

Students currently enrolled at a Florida public college or university should follow these and submit a transient letter from the college you are currently attending (home institution) which will list the course(s) you have been approved to take at TSC (host institution). The state of Florida has a portal for electronic submission through the Florida Department of Education web page located at To get started, select "Take a course at another school" and follow the prompts.
Out-of-state and Florida private college or university students should contact their home institution to obtain a transient letter from their home institution's Registrar's Office. The letter must be on official letterhead and list each course you are approved to take at TSC.

 Register for Classes

  1. (Optional) Complete the Online Orientation (you will need to have your TSC ID number)
  2. Register for approved transient courses online via Workday.
  3. Questions? Contact us at (850) 201-8555 or email, or stop by the Admissions and Records Office located on the second floor of the Student Union.

Learn how to register for courses here. As a transient student you will need to use the second way in the how to register video.

Transient Student Taking Classes at TSC

Students who are earning their degree from another institution but are taking classes at TSC are considered transient students for financial aid purposes. As a transient student, please be aware of the following:

· You cannot receive financial aid at both schools. Financial aid must be awarded by the institution from which you are earning your degree. This can only be accomplished through a Consortium Agreement issued by the degree-granting school. Students should contact their degree-granting school for further instructions.

· You must pay out-of-pocket for classes at TSC

· Consortium Agreements from the degree-granting school will not be completed until after the add/drop period for the appropriate term at TSC. Attendance must be verified before the agreement will be completed. The add/drop dates can be found on TSC’s Important Dates and Deadlines webpage.